What is IWOW?
Incubator without Walls at Lyndon State College is the leader in developing the skilled work force that powers Northeast Kingdom economic growth. We provide a wide array of programs and services designed to prepare individual students and businesses for success in the workplace and the regional economy.
How is this accomplished?
Alliances are our strength. We draw upon the resources and services of our partners to best meet a small business’ specific growth need. Our partners include:
- Lyndon State College (LSC)
- VT Small Business Development Corporation (Vt SBDC)
- Northern Vermont Development Association (NVDA)
- Northern Community Investment Corporation (NCIC)
- University of Vermont Extension (Newport)
- Northeast Kingdom Travel and Tourism Association (NEKTTA)
- The Charlie E. Carter Business Resource Center
We proactively engage Lyndon State College faculty and students with small businesses to assess their needs, define optimal business performance steps, and propose solutions with execution in mind.
IWoW hosts cutting- edge workshops on topics relevant to today’s business owners.
Aimed at increasing NEK business competitiveness and decreasing unemployment to improve the overall economic health of the region, IWoW gives Lyndon students hands-on practical experience in real business situations. In response to local business development needs, we strengthen the future talent and knowledge base to supply NEK businesses with the critical qualified workforce needed to grow.
Who can participate?
The workforce development services of IWoW may be your answer if you are:
- Northeast Kingdom business owners or entrepreneurs
- Local businesses looking for a customized solution to a business problem
- Lyndon students looking for a hands-on, applied learning experience
- Faculty at Lyndon interested in supervising the application of academic course work to real business demands
Projects and workshops are scheduled year round.
There is no single physical location for IWoW as it concentrates instead on managing a network of enterprise support services. Funded by a USDB Rural Development grant, IWoW has expanded its original service area- the greater Newport area- to the entire Northeast Kingdom.
Ann Nygard, Director
Ann.Nygard@lyndonstate.edu | (802) 626-4867